The Career Center
There are two ways to secure an internship with the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program. One is to submit a resume for an open position that is posted publicly–on our own site, on your college’s job board, or on a listserv. The other is to be invited by a City agency to interview for a position that may or may not be publicly posted. In both instances, you must be a registered and approved user of our Career Center. Follow the simple steps below.
1. Register for a Career Center account and complete an online resume builder. If you need help creating or improving your resume, please visit our resume resources page. You can also contact your college’s career services office. We will NOT approve any resumes with spelling or grammatical errors.
2. After fully completing the online resume builder, sign up for a pre-screening session. Pre-screening sessions are formal sessions that are 10-15 minutes long and held at our office.
a. Complete this registration form AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE of the session.
Current Pre-screening Sessions:
- Tuesday, July 22, from 10:00AM – 11:00AM
- Wednesday, July 23, from 10:00AM – 11:00AM
- Tuesday, July 29, from 10:00AM – 11:00AM
- Wednesday, July 30, from 10:00AM – 11:00AM
b. Wait for a confirmation email within the next 48 hours.
c. Visit 205 East 42nd Street at the day and time or your scheduled session.
d. Check in with security in the lobby. After verification, take the elevator in the lobby for floors 2-11 to the 9th Floor. Give your name to the receptionist; inform him/her that you are scheduled for pre-screening for the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program.
Failure to complete both step 1 and step 2 will keep your resume unavailable to our employers.
3. After you attend the pre-screening session, your resume will be approved and posted for various CUNY-sponsored internship opportunities. NOTE: We will NOT approve any resumes with spelling or grammatical errors!