The Career Center
There are two ways to secure an internship with the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program. One is to submit a resume for an open position that is posted at our Career Portal. The other is to be invited by a City agency to interview for a position that may or may not be posted at the portal. In both instances, you must be a registered and approved user of the Career Portal. Follow the simple steps below.
1. Register on our Career Portal for an account.
2. After we approve your account, log back into the portal and complete your entire profile and submit required documents: a resume, class schedule, and unofficial transcript. If you need help with your resume, please visit our resume resources page. You can also contact your college’s career services office. Please take how your resume looks and what it says about you seriously–whether or not you get an internship depends on this.
3. Only after fully completing your profile in the Career Portal and uploading your documents, sign up for a pre-screening session. Pre-screening sessions are formal group sessions where we review your resume and discuss your internship goals. They tend to run about an hour long and are held at our office.
a. To sign up for a session, visit the Calendar in the Career Portal. Navigate to future weeks until you find a session that works for you. Do not sign up for a session until you are done working on your resume and upload it. Upcoming dates are below. Note that you will be unable to sign up for a session less than 48-hours in advance.
- Tuesday, August 26th from 1:00PM – 2:00PM
- Wednesday, August 27th, from 1:00PM – 2:00PM
b. Wait for a confirmation email, which should arrive within 48 hours.
c. Visit 205 East 42nd Streett at the day and time or your scheduled session.
d. Check in with security in the lobby. After verification, take the elevator in the lobby for floors 2-11 to the 9th Floor. Give your name to the receptionist; inform him/her that you are scheduled for pre-screening for the CUNY IT Specialists Internship Program.
Failure to complete the entire process will keep your resume unavailable to our employers.
3. After you attend the pre-screening session, your resume will be approved and posted for various CUNY-sponsored internship opportunities. NOTE: We will NOT approve any resumes with spelling or grammatical errors.